Please register at both links below…
*Please ask your club administrator to register you through this link
Please send checks payable to “USA Gym Wisconsin” to the following address…
5711 77th Street
Kenosha WI 53142
- Saturday, June 24th at Scamps from 9:00 am – Noon
- Cooperative Problem Solving Clinic by Jay Murphy
- Please read the document below for full details…
- Sunday, July 9th at Gymfinity from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Flipping Education Preschool Clinic by Linda Thorberg & Brant Lutska
- Linda Thorberg and Brant Lutska are National Instructors for USA Gymnastics. Linda is the Preschool Director at TAGS Gymnastics, MN and also the RTCC, and Brevet Judge for USA Gymnastics Region 4. Brant is the NJ State Chair, National Judge, State Champion High School Coach and former club owner. Both Linda and Brant have been awarded the “Educator of the Year” award from USA Gymnastics.
- Cost: $25/coach (please send payment to Scamps Gymnastics)
- Register (please register by June 10th to get a t-shirt)
- Please see the document below for more details…
- Saturday, August 5th at Scamps from 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Al Fong Gymnastics Lecture (Coaches Only)
- More about Al Fong…
- Owner / Operator of the Great American Gymnastics Express, Inc. for 34 years.
- World Championships – 2013 Personal Coach of Brenna Dowell
- Personal coach of Terin Humphrey and Courtney McCool – 2004 Olympians
- Personal coach for Ivana Hong – 2008 alternate for the US Olympic Team
- Personal coach for Sarah Finnegan – 2012 alternate for the US Olympic Team
- 2004 USA Gymnastics Coach of the Year
- Assistant coach for 2003 World Championships in Anaheim, California
- Assistant coach for 2002 World Championships in Debrecen, Hungary
- Assistant coach for 1989 World Championships in Germany
- Head coach for these international meets from 1986 to present:
- Pacific Alliance Meet – China
- Germany DTP Cup
- Catania Invitational – Italy
- France / USA Meet
- Canada / Australia / USA meet
- Pacific Alliance Meet – Hawaii
- World Sports Fair – Japan
- Swiss Cup – Switzerland
- Cost: $25/coach in-state ($50/coach out-of-state)
- Sunday, August 6th at Scamps from 9:00 am – Noon
- Al Fong Gymnastics Clinic (Coaches & 3 Athletes/Club)
- This is for Wisconsin coaches & athletes only
- Coach must have attended Al’s lecture the day before
- Bring up to 3 beginner / developing optional athletes per club (working Level 7 skills and above). These athletes should be what you would consider your “future Level 10’s”. This clinic would not be recommended for current Level 9/10’s that are set in their ways.
- Cost: Free for in-state coaches that attended the clinic the day before. This portion of the clinic is not available to out-of-state coaches / athletes.
- Registration: You must register your athletes through at usagym.org. The event name is “Al Fong Comes To Wisconsin”
TOPS & Hotshots (modified TOPS for Wisconsin)
TOPS (Talent Opportunity Program) is a talent search and educational program for female gymnasts ages 7-10 and their coaches.
Hotshots is a talent search and educational program for female gymnasts ages 8 – 12 and their coaches within the state of Wisconsin. Hotshots allows athletes one to two years too old (or slightly behind the standard) for traditional TOPS to participate in a very similar program in-state only. Hotshots also allows the uneven bars to be set at settings that exceed FIG settings.
Please see the following link for more details and these programs…