|Wisconsin USA Gymnastics members,|
The state board met and created a Meet Safety & Covid Etiquette info for Wisconsin. This year’s meets will be will be conducted with modifications to provide the safest environment for athletes, coaches, judges and spectators.
Please read through the information below. There is a form on the last page that needs to be filled out if you are hosting a meet. These document will be on the state website also.
If you have any questions please email me.
Thanks,Kathy NelsonSACC – WI
MEET SAFETY & COVID ERA ETIQUETTE WISCONSIN
I hope everyone is staying healthy.
We would like to welcome Tammy Donahue to the WI State board as an appointed contact/communication administrator. Here is the link from the July Meeting: July SAC meeting.
Here is the 2020-21 WI Rules & Policies with an addendum for COVID. The first page has an overview of the changes for the 2020-21 season. There are also highlighted changes throughout the R&P that relate to this year only.
We looked at all the responses to the compulsory meet request email Randy and I sent out. All the clubs that responded received a meet. I have created a calendar on the state website with the meets listed on it. If you would like an optional meet added to the calendar, just email me. For the 2020-21 season, all meets of 2 or more clubs are considered qualifying meets Please email Sarah Nelson for judges. http://www.usagymwi.com/calendar/.
I have updated http://www.usagymwi.com/ . Some of the things that have changed are below.
- WI 2019-20 USAG Active clubs: http://www.usagymwi.com/wi-usa-gym-club-list/
- Full info on the WI clubs on a google doc: 2019-20 WI USA Gym Active clubs
- Updated WI State Board: http://www.usagymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-21-WI-State-Board.pdf
- Calendar of Events and Competitions: http://www.usagymwi.com/calendar/
We will be using the 2019-20 USA Gymnastics active member and club email lists until October. Please make sure your club email and person member emails are correct on USA Gymnastics because that is where I am getting my email lists from.
SACC – WI
I hope all is going well with your club’s re-opening.
I had two 5 hour zoom calls with USA Gymnastics the past 2 Saturdays. Here are the updates for this year.
1) Please make sure your current email is what is on your USA Gymnastics profile. USA Gymnastics wants the SACC’s to send out information to current active members and active clubs.
If you did not receive and email from email@example.com, then your email is not correct on USA Gymnastics website. This is the last email from Randy’s list on Constant Contact.
2) There have been a few clarifications to the rules for the JO program for upcoming season. Please go to USA Gymnastics and look for the minutes and read those so you are as up to date as you can be. Items like the number of kids per mixed sessions has changed, a coach can ask for a video review at any meet, these are a few.
3) New compulsory routines are finished. Master Workshops dates are on USAG’s website.
4) As we get back into the groove, please be aware of the declaration date to decide what level your athlete will compete at state meet. After the declaration date, an athlete will not be able to drop back.
With the compulsories moving to the winter season for this year, I propose we have the compulsory drop back date 3 weeks before state like the optionals.
5) There will be no more introductory athlete registrations this year. USA Gymnastics used to subsidize those memberships. The insurance carrier charges the same for all registered athletes, so with insurance rates going up, they can no longer afford to continue that practice.
6) On the meet reservation app, you can now mark a level/division full, not just the entire meet.
7) While registering athletes is the parent’s responsibility, the club administrator can now go in and add/change club number.
8) Sanctions are open, you must follow local guidelines for crowds.
9) Meet directors, just a reminder you need to publish all meet scores to the MYUSA app.
Remember to fill out the survey about running a compulsory meet in 2020-2021, even if you just check you are not planning on running one.
Due to the current state of affairs, the Wisconsin State Administrative Committee has voted to delay the start of the compulsory season and move the 2020 Level 2-5 State Meet to March 20-21, 2021. We are currently in the process of working out the details and should have more information available by July 1.